Monday, April 26, 2010

Downpour

Even though this happened like last last Sunday I forgot to update. My other band Soul Train was supposed to play this show at Anchors Up but because they thought it was supposed to be the week before, we had to cancel because Dremus (our guitar player) had to go to this cancer benefit or something.

Anyway, the bill was originally Soul Train, Downpour, Road Rage, Roadrunner, and the Control. I'm pretty good friends with the drummer of Downpour, Jake and he offered to come to western Mass to pick me up and I had nothing to do so I was all for it. So he picked me up and me, him, and my friend Justin from CT all headed out. We went to Boston first to pick up Jake's other friend, Aaron and his girlfriend whose name I forgot (it might have been Ashley). We head to the show and find out Roadrunner or whatever dropped. I go right into the record store and buy a few 7"s and a Fucked Up live reel because they were 15 bucks. I think the 7"s were No For An Answer - You Laugh and I actually forgot the rest, haha.

Anyway for the band review.
First band, I'm assuming was the Control. Wasn't into it at all. Really bad chugga chugga.

Next band was Bastard Swine, who showed up unexpectingly. I was stoked because I've seen them before. They have like 3 or 4 songs and they aren't perfected but it's fast and sweet and I am into it. It's like Crossed Out kind of and that's good enough for me.

Then was Downpour and they are cool, but the highlight for me was them covering Strife - Blistered and them handing me the mic towards the end of the song. It ruled.

Roadrage also ruled. They were fast and there were even a couple circle pits.

Now for the aftershow. We left and headed to Boston to Aaron's apartment. He was invited over some dude's house for a get together and me, Jake, and Justin tagged along, getting pizza along the way. We get in and everyone is high or something and we just hang out for a few hours I guess. Aaron and his girlfriend get really drunk, like most of the people there and eventually we all leave. It's like 2am I think and Aaron grabs a fire extinguisher from the apartment and starts spraying it outside and I guess it gets on his girlfriend, who is also super drunk. So we're walking, me, Jake, Justin, Aaron, and this other dude I forgot who was also drunk, and Aaron's girlfriend goes "HEY AARON!" He turns around and BOOM she blasts him with the fire extinguisher right in the face at close range. We all run from the cloud and the drunk dudes start vomitting and shit. After that everyone was pissed. We went to Aaron's for a few then headed home. That's it in a nutshell! Fun times.

No comments: